Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Costo...the New Girl's Night Out??

Yesterday I got a break from the kids while grocery shopping since my hubby was off work. Doesn't sound like the most glamorous outing but throw in a friend, Costco and some sampling and window shopping and it turned into a fun way for mommy to spend some time outside the house. I've found that as demands at home increase, time for myself has decreased so why not make fun of your errands?? So as I chatted with my girlfriend and browsed the aisles of the wondrous warehouse that is Costco, I found I came home relaxed and ready to face the daily demands once again. I had a spring in my step as I wiped a sticky table, swept lunch crumbs off the floor and put away dishes (hey my hubby can't be perfect!) Sure, a girl's night out would have probably set me back far less (I dropped $95. sigh.) But while I got snacks and stuff for dinner, I also got something much more valuable...a small glimpse of my sanity! Though I don't always have the luxury of shopping in peace, I'll take it when I can! Sometimes you gotta let the kids wreak some havoc while you catch up with a friend, take an extra long shower, or buy those impractical and expensive shoes just because. Oh, and maybe have that girl's night out! You deserve it! Take it when you can.

                                            Frozen tilapia fillets from Costco....yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment