Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What to do when it's HOT?!?

Turn up the music and dance!! Today, being nearly 100° outside, there is just NO way I'm going to rely on my old standby activities! Walking to the library, park or even 7-11 for a Slurpee are out of the question when it's blazin' out. We got our sweet fix at Target this morning, courtesy of an Icee and have been enjoying a quiet day indoors when we (or should I say my bossy four-year-old) decided it was time for some tunes. She even decided that each new song required an outfit change..I dread going to her room later! So here she is, channeling Taylor Swift.
On these dog days of summer, I challenge you come up with some fun, low-key activities to enjoy indoors. Playing vet to sick stuffed animals, painting, making up stories complete with props and writing our own books are a few my kids and I enjoy. I am also getting together the fixin's for a mean BBQ tonight...What will you do??

2 comments: