Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday, My Day Off....Sort Of.

I look forward to days when my husband is home...kind of. Although he does help in his own special way, he tends to get busy with side jobs and projects in the garage that any fantasy of mommy taking a load off, getting my nails done or catching up on chores (or a good book!!) without the distraction of little ones is just that...a fantasy!
Until my neighbor dropped by. He was making mojitos and offered me one and you know what?? I'm glad I accepted the offer! It was cold, refreshing and with the combination of mint and seltzer, it hit the spot. For a few minutes, while sipping the lime-y libation, I took a few minutes to cool off, relax and listen to some music...while my hubby snoozed on the couch and the kids played nearby.
The thing is, we mostly just have fun on the weekends. I adopt my hubby's go-with-the-flow attitude, ease up on our schedule a bit and enjoy family time. We take the kids on adventures, check out fun places to eat and most importantly, spend time together. So while I don't expect my honey to pick up a broom or mop any time soon, I know the weekend will bring a little fun, a little excitement and a lot of love. Just what the doctor ordered! 
Oh, and on the agenda tomorrow?? Don't forget about National Cheesecake Day!!! All cheesecake half off at the Cheesecake Factory! We'll be there...

Cheers!


2 comments: