Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sweats & Smoothies

Today is a day for hanging in the house, no make-up needed! I try and stay busy with the kids most days but there are some, like today, where we stay in and catch up on things. So happily, I throw on the sweats. They are the new black, right? I sure hope so! I've been rockin' them for months with a tank and sneakers hoping I look like I'm off to the gym instead of slouching around with my kiddos. So today I am staying in, doing laundry, making smoothies and staying comfortable doing it!
Here's my sure-to-please recipe when you need a pick-me-up, snack idea or even a new breakfast! The humble smoothie fits the bill! For picky children like mine, it's the perfect way to throw a little nutrition their way. Frozen fruit, water and yogurt are all it takes to whip up a batch of smoothies in no time. Watch your ingredients and be careful of adding too much sugar by way of yogurt and juice or else it might end up looking more like dessert and having your kids bouncing off the walls!

1 banana (I ALWAYS use a banana as it lends to a creamier texture)
2 cups various frozen fruit (purchase bags of pre-cut no sugar-added or buy whole and get chopping!)
2-3 ounces yogurt, any flavor
1 cup of water, more as needed
All fruits work well as long as they are frozen. I prefer using all frozen fruit so I don't have to add ice and end up with a watery, melty texture.
Blend away! Makes approximately 4, 1-cup servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment