Sunday, August 26, 2012

Date Night Duldrums

My mom called last night and offered to babysit so my hubby and I could go out and I declined. Who would pass up that offer?? I know you're probably thinking I must be nuts but I had a few good reasons. First, I need a little more than an afternoon's notice to make plans for that evening. What would we do? Where would we go? And what to wear?? Oh, and I already had a nice meal on the stove that I was kind of excited about. So I passed up the offer and decided to take my parents up the next weekend when I could put on my wife hat and get into date mode. I don't know about you, but if I've had a long, frustrating day with my little munchkins, I just can't flip a switch and get glam on a whim. Now a week in advance, you betcha! So this week my plan is to do a little research and prepare for a night on the town. Ok, so I'm a little picky about going out. First, I don't like leaving my kids. I know, I'm a weirdo. As much as I need and want to go out, be with my hubby and get a break, I just miss them! I don't like not being the one putting them to bed every night. So my max is like, two hours, which drives my hubby nuts! That's barely time for a movie, let alone adding dinner or a drive to the beach! Some of our favorite date nights, back in the day, were lots of movies and dinners out, wine-tastings, and bonfires complete with s'mores but at this juncture in our life, we express date. It's either dinner OR the movie, a dessert date or maybe a quick motorcycle ride. And you know what? That's just fine by me...I like to be in bed by ten anyway! Take a little time or a lot, whatever you are comfortable with, and re-connect. It doesn't have to cost a lot or take up the whole night but get your date-night on! What are your favorites??

A shooting date...romantic, eh?
 
                                       Nothing says "I love you" like jumping on the back!

                                    Hitting the slots and dinner at San Manuel...my bright idea!


 
                                                          And back where I like it best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment