Friday, November 23, 2012

Party Favors

I hosted Thanksgiving this year and as with any gathering, I must make favors. No party or get-together is too small for favors, in my opinion. It's so much fun to see guests off with a small, handmade token! So Thanksgiving was no exception! I racked my brain for the perfect treat...toffee? cookies? mini pies in mason jars? Cute, but no. Everyone would be stuffed to the gills and probably wouldn't be in the mood for more treats so I came up with butter mints. You know the fluffy, soft and sweet mints you get from restaurants? Yep, I made them! There were plenty of recipes out there, most very simple so I figured I'd give it a whirl. They were so easy to make, I let my kids help and since a double recipe is no more work, I doubled it! Here is the recipe if you want to copy and make this delicious minty treat! Note: I omitted the food coloring.

Butter Mints
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar plus more for rolling out
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Food coloring (if using..)
Combine ingredients and mix with electric mixer until dough comes together. Dust counter with powdered sugar and roll out small logs and cut into bite-sized pieces. Let air-dry 2-3 hours then store in covered container.

                                                          Gather your ingredients...

                                                          Mix and form into a ball
                                                Separate into several logs and start cutting!

                                                    Enjoy the buttery bits of mintiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment