Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Son Sleeps in My Bed...Wanna Make Something of it??

No, I'm not trying to pick a fight!! We all have our weaknesses, the chinks in our armor as moms. Maybe you give your kids sweets before breakfast, fail to follow through on punishments or in my case, allow your baby in your bed long past their infant days. Actually, I may do all three...but I don't think I'm the only one. Despite our best efforts as moms to feed our kids healthy, balanced meals, take them outside to play, dress them nicely and teach them manners, we all fall flat at one point or another. Some days I am just way too tired for another stinkin' craft, don't have the energy to walk to the park and don't always get the bath in at the end of the day. So when my son cries at 2:30 a.m. because he wants mommy, I'm not fighting it. I know at some point, he's gotta outgrow it and I pray daily that he will sooner than later 'cause mommy is tired but I'm not ready to face that battle just yet.
All too often us moms are hesitant to disclose our weaknesses and it's no wonder. With Pinterest crafting projects, Facebook posts with pictures of perfection and bloggers boasting their kids latest accomplishments (cough, cough)...it's no wonder it looks like we have it all together!! But that's just on paper. The day to day?? Forget about it! My floors are always sticky, my kids seem to have perpetually dirty faces and clothes, and I never, I mean never seem to have enough time in the day to do it all. Scrapbooking?? Color-coordinating outfits on Sunday with a perfect homemade lunch to follow? Forget about it!! I do my best to keep it together and I'm betting you do too. So let's go easy on each other, sisters. And go easy on ourselves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment