Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hot Dog Diaries

I have a confession. We eat a lot of hot dogs around here. I mean a lot. For instance, my son just requested one for a late-morning snack and my daughter will eat a hot dog as her main course daily. Now, I know they are not the best dish ever but I buy either organic or kosher hot dogs and serve them with fruits and veggies so as not to feel quite as bad. But still, a hot dog is a hot dog. They are relatively inexpensive, go perfectly with homemade mac n' cheese (or the boxed kind, let's be real..) and are a super easy go-to as they simply require a quick zap in the microwave. I know, I know...I should switch it up and offer my kids a bounty of options at mealtime but when I find something they LOVE and will eat happily (with no arguing or whining or fits, I might add...) then I stick to it!! So come on and confess, what's the one thing you can't keep from your kiddos???

1 comment:

  1. I remember my mom cutting up hotdogs for us as snacks all the time too!

    ReplyDelete