Sunday, October 28, 2012

Getting My Groove Back...Slowly

Recently, I've felt more tired than ever. It's like four-and-a-half years of being a stay-home mommy have finally caught up to me. The sleepless nights with a two-year-old in my bed, running after toddlers and caring for a home, planning meals and potty training have all got me feeling like a train wreck. Oh, and I gave up caffeine. And after a short bought of the stomach flu, I finally feel like I'm getting back on my feet. It's taken a couple weeks, but I'm slowly pulling things together. I decided I needed to ditch the excuses and get back in the game. So what did I do?? First, I started walking again. It was easy to get off track while I was sick and all the pathetic justifications to myself piled up...as did a few pounds!! It's amazing what a difference a daily dose of exercise makes!! And I'm getting outside, taking the kids for walks, doing projects and just keeping busy. So I'm getting there one day at a time. Whatever is going on in our lives, it's so important to find a way through the mess and take time for ourselves. "Mommy" is the best and hardest job I've ever had but I'm doing it and surviving!! How do you beat a case of the "blahs"??

No comments:

Post a Comment