Thursday, October 11, 2012

God Made Dirt...

And dirt don't hurt! At least that's what I've been telling myself the past couple days as my kids have discovered the joy of making mud. It's incredible how much time they can spend digging in the dirt, covered from head to toe in pure delight. Although today is cold and calling for rain, I acquiesced when my daughter begged to play in the dirt on the patio. She had to make her mud creations, her hot chocolate and cakes. How could I say no? So out my babies went to play in the dirt. The same dirt we had covered with mulch in an effort to make our patio presentable. I can't complain though because I am crossing things off my to-do list in no time! Just this morning alone I was able to make a grocery list after perusing various websites for recipes, check my e-mail, pay some bills and most importantly, get some reading in. All thanks to the mud. Yes, I'll have a mess to clean up later on and the kids will no doubt traipse in barefoot, bringing the yard in with them. But for some peace and quiet, I will pay the devil his dues! A little water will make it all better. How do your kids stay outta your hair...er, I mean how do your kids stay busy??




No comments:

Post a Comment