Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crisis Averted

We went to Palm Springs this past weekend and although we had a few speed bumps along the way, I'm soooo glad we went. First, I left our Knott's Soak City passes at home (the reason behind the trip!!). I didn't realize until we were almost there so on to Plan B we went. Trying to fill that empty day with fun for our kids proved easier than I thought. A trip to the mall, a park, and the movies all proved to be delightful time spent as a family. But then, while we were waiting for our horse and carriage ride, my kids found a patch of dirt and got...dirty...really, really dirty. But Logan had an even better surprise for Mommy. He had an accident...a messy, messy one. His legs, underwear, shorts...it was everywhere! But I was undeterred. A visit to the car and a whole pack of wipes later, we were back on track. And while my kids had trouble settling in to sleep in the hotel beds and were grouchy in the morning, a cooked to order breakfast made us all a little happier. All in all, we had a great time soaking up the sun, swimming, playing and having an adventure together. We are blessed that my hubby has a stable job (with vacation time!), healthy kids, and a car to take us on our not-so-perfect trips together. I'll take time with my family any way I can get it! So take some time to enjoy your family, in whatever way your budget allows. As long as you are together, it doesn't have to be perfect. What will you do??

Pre-poop disaster..
 
At dinner
  
My boys ;)
 
Posing for Mommy after much arm-twisting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment