Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mother's Day YOUR Way!

I don't know about you, but come Mother's Day, I have hopes of flowers and cards, sleeping in and breakfast in bed. The reality? We are still rushing for church, I gotta lend a hand in getting the little ones ready and breakfast is still donuts in the car. Not that I go unappreciated but the day always feels a little too much like every other day. I say I would like to spend the day at the spa, having brunch and going shopping but when it comes down to it, I really want to be with my kids and so we do something they would enjoy too like bowling or Chuck E Cheese's. Yes, my hubby takes the kids on a Target run and is always sure to make me feel special, but I fail to do the same for myself.
This year, I've decided to take Mother's Day back and ditch the guilt of (gasp!) doing something I want to do on a day that is, after all, supposed to be about me! So I've got visions of lunch out (my choice!), a nice romp at the park with the kiddos and then I plan to ditch 'em for a bit and do something completely indulgent. I'm thinking something along the lines of a pedicure or hitting Barnes and Noble to browse and sip on an iced coffee or just going shopping...alone! I think I deserve a day off. How about buying yourself a gift for once? Here are a few things I intend to check out:
- Sandals at Target are on sale for $12!! They are so cute and I'm ready for a pair to slip on for summer!
- Bath and Body Works has a Buy 3, Get 2 Free sale...what a great time to stock up on your favorites!
- Yankee Candle is having a sale too...buy one, get one half off. These are my absolute favorite and while they are a splurge, they are the best!
- Old Navy is having an online sale right now...20% off at checkout with the code ONSAVE20 and free shipping when you spend over $50. I may or may not have taken advantage of this deal at 3 am the other night!!
How about you??? Do your hubby and kids pull out all the stops? Do you feel too guilty to enjoy the day??

1 comment: