Saturday, August 3, 2013

Where is the Love??

So I don't know about you, but being in the throes of the early years with little kids, most romance between my hubby and me is few and far between. Although we were never a super sappy couple to begin with, these days, it feels like a miracle just to be able to have a conversation! Once daddy is home, the kiddos want all his attention, so we spend time as a family, catching up about our day and playing. Then it's time to get the kids bathed and off to bed. Once we've cleaned up and watched a show or two, it's lights out for us too. We are definitely in survival mode and recently I mentioned to my hubby that since my kids paw on me all day long, I have a tendency to want to just sit. Alone. Quietly. I realize this has to be a recipe for disaster, but really, my kids suck the life out of me and most days, I just have nothing left to give.
Sure, we see the occasional movie together on date night and we manage to kiss each other hello and goodbye, but it should be better. So with the hopes of rekindling the life and spirit of our marriage, I am going to make a concerted effort to give a little more of myself. Whether I'm tired or not, I am going to make a pledge. First thing? I think Mama could put forth a bit more effort in the appearance department. I will try to pull my (ragged) self together and do a quick clean up of the house before hubby arrives. Secondly, I'm going to aim to be more affectionate on a daily basis. Who says just because you've been married ten years you can't hold hands and cuddle on the couch?? Done and done.
Lastly, and this is a toughie for me, I need to find more helpers so we can get out together more. I have a sickness that keeps me obsessing about my children even if we're just going out for a quick bite to eat. I know I need to let this go because, like "they" say, soon our kids will be grown and it will just be the two of us! I'm excited to see where things go in our marriage and I know that the years to come will just keep getting sweeter and sweeter but let's be real, it ain't gonna happen on it's own.
How do you keep your marriage alive???

No comments:

Post a Comment