Sunday, January 13, 2013

Extreme Couponing, Beebe Style

I am ashamed to admit it, but I recently became hooked on the show "Extreme Couponing". It documents the lives of men and women who save extreme amounts at the supermarket check stand. And when I say extreme, I mean it. Shopper after shopper left with paying mere dollars after their original amount tallied up to over a thousand!! I became so curious that I decided I would give it a whirl, Beebe style. First, I had realistic expectations:
- I wasn't going to hoard Sunday papers or go on goose-chases for coupon inserts. Whatever I could easily find in my one paper and online is what I'd work with that week.
- I would not attempt a "stockpile", using my weekly budget to clean out shelves of products that I may not use at all, even if they are free.
- I would plan my menu based on sales and use coupons to supplement.
- I would always shop at whatever store doubles coupons and lucky for me, Vons does and I shop there anyway!
Sounds easy and I think I'm off to a good start today! I'll let you know how I did!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm let me know how this works out...always seems like a kinda thing they only do on TV!

    ReplyDelete