Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bread and Beer, Anyone??

I LOVE baking bread...wait, let me be clear. I love the result of baked bread. I don't necessarily love the hassle, time and effort that goes with making it from scratch but there's just nothing like a fresh piece, hot out of the oven, seething in melted butter! So, for Christmas, I was appropriately gifted a beer bread mix. I was given the convenience of a just-add-beer mix but for those of you who want to test a new easy-peasy recipe, here you are. And the beauty of it? The beer lends the oh, so sudsy and airy texture bread needs but without the time and torture of yeast, waiting for the dough to rise...etc.
Beer Bread
3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
12 oz. beer (make sure it's one you would drink...the taste comes through!!)
1/4 cup butter, melted
Stir ingredients together and pour into greased 9X5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until knife inserted into middle comes out clean. Serve warm with butter...yum!

3 comments:

  1. Glad it worked out! It looks sorta like biscuit bread. What did the kids think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yuck" surprise, surprise ;) It was kinda like soda bread...kinda dense but I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. bear table and Bench

    ReplyDelete