Tuesday, December 4, 2012

8-6

8:00 p.m. is a good time in my house. The kids are sleeping, mommy is relaxing and there are no more demands. Maybe some laundry, dishes in the sink, but nothing like the mental and physical toll that is two children. From screaming fights and bickering to the constant tug-of-war that is motherhood, I feel like I'm in a hamster wheel. But at 8:00, I punch my card and am off until bright and early the next morning. Really early, like 6:10. Sure, my kiddos get up before the sun, but I wouldn't trade it for the peace and quiet I have at night for myself and for my hubby. I'm on mommy time, and get more done in the couple hours I have to myself at night than in the fourteen spent with my babies all day. Gee, I wonder why! But then it must be the mommy in me that actually anticipates being awakened by the pattering of little feet on the wood floor, and the snuggling that ensues. Yes, I told my sister on the phone the other night that I wonder why people have kids at all (Jovie was putting soap in Logan's mouth at the time, cut me some slack!) but it is all too clear when my warm and cuddly babies climb into my bed and make me forget a time when I actually slept. All night. Without any interruptions. But I'll sacrifice sleep any day if it means spending those precious moments with my children.

1 comment:

  1. Aww. I'll show this to Noah when we have a baby to wake us up all night :)

    ReplyDelete