Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Truffle Time!

Truffles are one of my all time favorite desserts to make (and eat!) and no, I don’t mean the gourmet truffles made with heavy whipping cream, liqueurs and other fancy ingredients like that. I’m talking about quick, easy, three or four ingredient truffles that can be made and adapted for any occasion! They are a breeze to make, freeze beautifully and make for an adorable gift! This year, I’m making these truffles as my Christmas gift to my family and neighbors. 

I decided to make two flavors: cookies and cream and peanut butter (plus a vegan version for my sister!) Here are the recipes for all three!

Cookies and cream:

1 package double stuff Oreos, crushed (any chocolate sandwich cookie will work!)

1 package cream cheese, softened 

1 package candy melts (you decide what color and flavor—I used white chocolate)

Sprinkles to decorate (Or use some cookie crumbs)

Mix cookies and cream cheese well. Roll into balls and refrigerate for at least twenty minutes. Melt the candies in the microwave at thirty second intervals until smooth. Dip the cookie balls and decorate quickly, before the candle melts set.

Peanut butter:

1 cup peanut butter 

4 cups powdered sugar

2 sticks butter, softened 

1 cup graham cracker crumbs 

1 package candy melts (again, you decide the color and flavor! I chose chocolate)

Vegan peanut butter:

1 stick plant butter, (I used Country Crock plant butter with avocado oil) melted

1/2 cup vegan graham cracker crumbs (I used pre-crushed boxed crumbs without and dairy or honey, thus making them vegan)

1/2 cup peanut butter 

2 cups powdered sugar 

1 bag dark chocolate chips

For both the vegan and non-vegan version, mix the peanut butter, powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and butter (or plant butter!) and mix until well combined. Refrigerate for at least twenty minutes (You can do overnight if you aren’t going to dip them right away..) then pull them out and dip into either the candy melts or dark chocolate, for the vegan version. Melt both the candy melts and the chocolate chips at 15-30 second intervals until totally smooth. Top the melts with sprinkles or as I did, a little of the graham cracker crumbs, quickly because the melts set very fast! You’ll have more time with real chocolate. The chocolate will need to sit out and set much longer or will set in the refrigerator after about twenty minutes. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment