Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Three Bite Rule

For those of you who know me, I've been on a health kick for the past six weeks in hopes of shedding baby weight from my third pregnancy. It was easy this far but now, I can feel the last five or so pounds hanging on for dear life. Isn't it always those last five or ten that are the hardest?? Well, I've come up with a plan that seems to be working. In addition to cutting out the junk and walking, I decided no foods would be "off-limits". I think when you begin restricting whole food groups, you fail. It's too hard to say no to everything...snacks, cocktails and desserts are usually the first to go when on a diet. I say, no way! My favorite things: chips and guacamole, cheesecake, coffee with sugar and cream and a nice glass of wine are not indulgences I want to give up. So I thought about the "three-bite" rule. It is simple. Allow yourself a small taste or serving of your favorite treat and stop. Easy enough, right?? Not really. Especially not when you are extra hungry from eating foods like whole grains, veggies and protein instead of your usual carbo-loaded fare. Or maybe that's just me. But really, it's better to allow yourself a small taste of something than to deny yourself completely because then, you'll just want it more!!! So try it with me. Eat as healthy as you can and eat real, unprocessed foods but when the craving strikes, go ahead and allow yourself a little. Just don't overdo it. Good luck!!
What are your diet secrets??

No comments:

Post a Comment