Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pizza Pie

My family and I really like pizza...I mean, what's not to love? It's easy and quick and almost never disappoints. Lately, I've been letting my children help out in the kitchen and make their own. It's fun for them to shape the dough, spread sauce and sprinkle cheese. I love making different flavor combos for the hubby and me and overall, it's always a hit! Here's my recipe for the pizza dough. You can buy it pre-made but if you have a little extra time, go for homemade. It will yield four small pizzas or one large enough for sharing. Spread it thin and add pesto or cream sauce or make a deep dish pie with a classic marinara. Whatever you do, make it yours!!

Dough:
1 cup warm water
1 pkg. instant dry yeast
2 1/2 cups flour (plus more for rolling..)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Pour warm water in bowl and sprinkle yeast over surface. Let sit a minute then add the remaining ingredients and mix until completely combined, scraping sides and forming into a ball. Let sit out, covered with a towel, for at least two hours. Once dough has double in size, place on floured surface and knead gently a minute or so. Then either split dough into portions or roll out for one large pizza. Cover with sauce, cheese and toppings and bake for about twenty minutes at 450 degrees. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm so yummy! Your homeade pizza is DELICIOUS, Mommy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete