Monday, January 17, 2022

Homeschool!

Today I began my homeschooling journey and while it is a scary ride, I'm excited that God has granted me the opportunity and freedom to educate my children the way my hubby and I feel is best! There are many reasons one might choose homeschooling and for mu husband and me, the list looks like this: - More control over our schedule. My hubby can teach the kiddos on his day off and share the burden with me. - Less driving back and forth for drop off and pick up. We also have a toddler so this one is tough! - More flexibility in what we teach. - Ability to pray, have bible time, and teach our kids what God's word says about the world. - Less exposure to bad influences. Look, teachers with thirty kids just can't monitor what kids are doing, saying, seeing...period. So with all that being said, we jumped in today, all the way into the deep end! I'm getting organized and planning the year as we go and honestly, I'm so excited! I never thought I would say that since I'm a mama who needs peace and quiet, time to myself and love to work on my blog, YouTube channel, and food business but all that will have to be worked in. My kids are the most important job I have and I want to do the best I can with the resources God has given us. Pray for me and feel free to ask questions if you are on the homeschool path yourself! Also, I can use all the tips I can get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment