Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Divorce Trouble

Hello readers! Today my talented boy whom I've nicknamed E, is going to share a bit on his perspective being from a divorced home. It's so great when kids can be open, honest and find an outlet. For E, I've encouraged him to write, to always be honest about his feelings and to remember that there's nothing he can say that will surprise me. I want him to feel safe and loved. Here are his two cents! 

Hi. My name is E. Readers, if you are divorced and have children, you might want to show this to them. Before I get started, let me tell you little about myself. My favorite song is Smooth Criminal, by Michael Jackson. I am 10 years old and can be modest.
OK, now to business, my parents got divorced when I was 3 years old and my dad married the blogger that gave me the introduction, Emily. My mom is single and there are a lot of challenges you have to go through when your parents are divorced. Sometimes I feel torn when my mom and dad disagree or get into a fight because then I don't know who to believe, whose side I should be on, or more challenging, who to love most. 
For me, love and family are very important, and sometimes I am under the impression, when my dad asks me if I want to spend Christmas with him, it is similar to the question if I want to live with him. Of course I do, but I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings, but if I say that I want to live with my mom, I am afraid of hurting my dad's feelings. And now to more stuff. My oldest brother, my favorite, got mad at my dad because my dad wanted my little brother to be in his wedding but my older brother only wanted me. My dad said that he would not let me go to the wedding and that he wouldn't go. The "He" is my dad. And that we are one family. All in or all out. No compromising. My brother was very hurt and I can't see him right now.  My dad says that my brother is not respecting him and that he is not walking with the Lord. I might be having a good time around here, but now I feel hurt. There are so many things I have to go through that I don't like. Sometimes it is good to be me because a lot of family members respect and love me, and sometimes it is tough and not everything turns out great in the family. When there is a family conflict, I am affected because I just want my family to get along. But there is one after another. That is my life. I have to go through this a lot. There are good things that happen to me, like when I go to church, because I've already made friends. But I do have to go through those things that I have written. That is all for now. Thank you for reading. Until I return...Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment