Monday, October 22, 2012

Every Night is Date Night

Ok, ladies..I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure when we become mommies, date night goes out the door. It's just a fact. Along with long, hot showers, pedicures, shopping in peace, and peeing with the door closed, date night goes bye-bye. Don't believe me?? Then you are a freak. And I envy you. Ok, there. I said it. So for the rest of us harried, wary, tired, cranky and just-barely-treading-water mommies, stay with me. Oh, and I have to confess. Date night has lost it's luster a bit in light of the fact that I'd much rather be in bed in my jammies at 9:00 than out on the town. Glad I got that off my chest. But with all that said, I actually do grasp the importance of it. And Mama's going to start embracing it. Yes, we are busy. We are tired and my hubby works a lot but you know what I've realized? It doesn't really matter how fancy, how unique or how long your date night lasts, it just matters that you have one once in a while. Last night, we went to the movies (Taken 2- really good, by the way..) and got dinner after and it was awesome. But if you can't get a sitter or don't have it in your budget to go out, pick a movie, a board game, a meal and go at it. Have some fun together, some time to talk and to really enjoy each other. When the kids are grown and it's just the two of us in the house, I want to still know my hubby, to still have things to say to him and for him to know that I'm still making an effort. Oh, and that I am still in love with him too. Yes, we are all trying to survive these crazy years with little ones and it's not always easy but it's so worth it. So pencil him in and get started! What will you do for date night???

No comments:

Post a Comment