Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Chocolate, chocolate, and bananas...oh my!

Today I was super green and found a way to use my almost-too-soft bananas (like I almost threw them away!!) for some chocolate banana bread. Since my hubby is super picky and asked..."can you make mine without the banana?"...ummm what?? I decided I would simply up the ante with chocolate, lots of chocolate! It would (hopefully) disguise the fact that there was actually something healthy snuck in that delicious loaf of goodness! So I began with a yummy recipe for banana bread then added cocoa and chocolate chips, lots of them! He conceded and agreed that although there were bananas in the bread, it was ammmazing!!! And yes, it was. Here is the recipe, adapted from a couple I found on Pinterest. Pinterest is my friend...

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
  • 1 stick softened butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 ripened bananas
  • 1 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (save the 1/4 for the top...)

Instructions: Cream egg, sugar and butter (fancy way of saying mix until nice and smooth!) Ok, then mix the remaining ingredients (save the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for the top, of course!) and bake for about 45 minutes at 350 until middle is just done! Enjoy, friends, enjoy! (Maybe with ice cream or wine or in my case? Both. Yes, let that sink in a second...)





3 comments: