Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lasagna Roll-Ups

Looking for something to contribute to my honey's work holiday potluck, I decided lasagna roll-ups would be perfect. Actually, I first decided homemade chips and dips and then macaroni and cheese would be perfect but those were taken so eventually, I settled on the roll-ups. I have never made these little pouches of wonder before and I don't even know why. I make lasagna plenty but have never taken the time to change things up. Until now. Looking for something comforting, hearty and fit for a crowd, I thought a pan of delicious, cheesy, meaty lasagna rolls would be just the thing the buffet table needed. Turns out, I was right. It's so simple, it's stupid. As anyone who has ever made lasagna before knows, it only takes a few ingredients to make this dish amazing. The best part? There are endless ways to make this dish yours. Change the meat fillings, sauce and cheese to fit your taste: chicken and artichoke with pesto or meatball and marinara, for example. Here's how I made mine but feel free to go crazy with your recipe!

Lasagna Roll-Ups

-1 box lasagna noodles (If they are oven ready, go ahead and boil for about five minutes anyway so they are pliable.)
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 8 oz. bag shredded mozzarella
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 pound italian chicken sausage
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped

Boil noodles until tender. Meanwhile, combine egg and ricotta and set aside. Cook chicken, green pepper and onion until soft. Spread noodles on cookie sheet to cool then fill with a spoonful of cheese and then meat mixture. Roll and place in a 9X13 baking dish spread with a little sauce. Continue rolling then cover dish with remaining sauce and mozzarella. Bake in a 400 degree oven until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Enjoy and repeat time and again!!

                                                  Easy, peasy! (Yes, that's my son's foot..)
                                                                   
                                                                  Mmmm...cheesy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment